Solar Energy Blog
Welcome to our solar energy blog. Here is where we'll be posting news, tips and information about the solar power industry.
Choosing Solar Companies in Ontario
When it comes to choosing solar companies in Ontario, finding the right company for the job is so important. As a consumer it is vital that you do your research and you try to find out as much as possible about the company you are looking to hire. The internet is a powerful tool and can be used to research potential solar panel providers or installers in your area. When we’re talking about residential solar power, it is an investment. So you don’t want to just choose someone blindly without first checking to see that they have a proven track record and are a reputable company.
Here are a few things to take into consideration:
- How long have they been in business for? Ideally you should look to hire someone who has been in business long enough to have a proven track record going back at least a few years.
- Does the solar company you are looking to hire have a good amount of experience with installing the specific type of solar energy system that you need for your home? Not every solar project is going to be the same and different companies may specialize in different areas.
- Double check to ensure that the company you look to hire has at least one master electrician on their staff.
- Ask about NABCEP certification. NABCEP is the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners. If a company has this certificate it will be a good indication that they are not only qualified for the job but also experienced and ethical.
- You should always ask about liability insurance. Ideally you’ll want the Ontario solar company you are working with to have at least $1million in liability insurance. This is to protect you in the event that something goes wrong with your HOME SOLAR POWER SYSTEM or if one of the companies workers gets injured while working on your property.
- Make sure the company you hire has a permit. This is to protect everyone involved on this project. Never work with any contractor who says that you don’t need one. They are free and easy to acquire so there is no reason not to have one.
After you’ve done your research, asked a lot of questions and have determined that you are comfortable working with this company, make sure that you have a look at the contract and review it carefully.
Also take note that most good solar companies in Ontario are going to be very busy and may have a fairly long waiting list. Take this as a good sign that you’ve chosen a very good and reputable solar company to take care of your needs.